Tuesday, October 2, 2018

GYM
Over the last year I joined a gym. I have never really attempted to work out at a gym by myself for any extended period of time, but I felt like it was time to get in better shape so that I can walk my girls down the aisle instead of being carried by them. 
I decided on the gym that is close to my house and fairly inexpensive.  The gym is pretty neat. They have a bank of televisions (probably at least ten wide-screen TV’s) for you to watch as you walk/run on the treadmills. They have the biggest ceiling fans I’ve ever seen in my life. They have massage chairs, tanning beds, aqua massage, and showers. It’s a pretty great place, with a lot of really cool amenities that make it more fun to go work out.
And then I saw the Tootsie Rolls.  They actually have a JAR of Tootsie Rolls on the desk at the welcome desk.
What is going on here? I also noticed that they have free PIZZA night the first Monday night of every month, and free BAGELS on the second Tuesday!! What in the world is happening at this place?? Don’t they realize that Tootsie Rolls, pizza, and bagels are the REASON why I need to go to the gym?
They are also very big on being a “Judgment-Free Zone,” which evidently means that you aren’t allowed to make fun of other people who are working out around you, no matter how funny they look.
As everyone who comes in and starts back at the gym it takes small steps of getting where you want to be.  For some maybe it’s their first time or maybe have started and stopped many times over the years of going to the gym.  As they start back up they feel welcomed on their journey of recovering back to health.  So far, I have not taken a Tootsie Roll out of the jar. I haven’t had a bagel or a piece of pizza either. So, I thank the gym for providing everything I need for a great workout; and I also thank them for unwittingly helping me with my self-control.  This week I challenge each of us to look at our spiritual health and ask do I need to get back to the spiritual gym myself.  Have a great and blessed week.  Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment