Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Factory
In a story that I came across the other day it talks about doing our best.  Many years ago in a factory there was a sign on the wall which read: "If your threads get tangled, send for the foreman." One day there was a woman who was new but was a hard worker, her threads got tangled up. She tried to get them straightedge out, but only made matters worse. After a while she gave up and called the foreman for his help. He came and looked then asked: "You have been trying to untangle them yourself, haven't you?" "Yes," she said. "Why didn't you send for me, as I have asked?" She said: "I did my best.”  He said: "Remember that doing your best is asking me for me."
How often in life have we tried to straighten out our own messes, only to make things worse, and certainly not to solve things? We think that a little more effort, wisdom, and hard it will be fixed.  Then God reminds us: "Doing your best is asking for me."  Is there something in your life that needs to be handed over to God.  If, so I stop using human effort and let God take control.  Hope everyone has a blessed and safe week.  Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment