Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Ask
I Love this time of year, Jessica ask for everything she sees on tv or in a store.  I say ask Santa and see if he will bring it for Christmas or say write in down to give to Santa.  She says, Ok and goes on about her day till the next time something comes along.  But when it’s time to ask Santa she gets scared and never ask.  It makes me think about all the things I’m going to talk to God about but, for this or that I don’t. 
James said, “You do not have, because you do not ask.” James 4:3
Jesus said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8
Why don’t we ask God for the things we need or have questions about?
We don’t ask because we forget that he wants to take care of us. We sometimes get a false image of God that says that he expects us to make it totally on our own (Matt 7).
We don’t ask because we’re afraid of outcome may not how we want it to be.
We don’t ask because we don’t know how to ask or even what to ask, but God knows our hearts.
A story that I have come across and have look back on and thought about doing once or twice.
A 60-year-old retired man from Arizona had a brilliant plan. He’d simply ask for all of his money back. On every dollar bill he spends, he would write: “Please return this bill to me.” He writes his address on the bill and waits to see if it comes back. It is said he began asking for his money back about ten years ago. Since then, he’s started averaging getting back $2 a day. In some months, he’s received almost $100! All because he asks for it. 
I may not start asking for my money back or will I, but asking God through prayer is something that I going to do more.  If people here on earth will send back the money back to this man, think of what God can send each of us.  Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment