Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Holidays
It’s that time of year again, HOLIDAYS.  What do the holidays mean to you?  I just seating and planning my family holiday list of what we are doing, and how are we going to get everything done.  But, if the holidays are about family, do I miss the point.  So often I catch myself worried about getting this or that done and not about time with my family. When doing this and doing that I miss the small things that make a family a family.  This year I think I am going to make a list of five things I need to do first each day then see what I have time for after that. 
  1. Say “I love you.” Remind my family every day that I love them. The positive reinforcement and verbal reminder of love from me to them.
  2. Listen. Really listening to my family, not thinking of what I need to do next.
  3. Use eye contact. Watch my body language and eye contact, to let them know I care. You can say a lot when saying nothing by how you listen.
  4. Show physical affection. Meaningful touches and hugs, kisses and high fives each day.
  5. Pray daily. A daily time of prayer each day for my family of how thankful for what we have.
I don’t know if this will help you or not, but it has made me think of what the holidays are about, and if its family then I plan to make them first.  Hope everyone has a great week.  Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment